Marco Oppedisano (born November 20, 1971 in Brooklyn, New York) is an American guitarist and composer whose compositions focus on the innovative use of electric guitar in the genre of electroacoustic music. His musique concrete/acousmatic compositions have utilized multitrack recording and extended performance techniques for electric guitar and bass. In addition to musique concrete, compositions by Oppedisano also consist of "live" electric guitar in combination with a fixed playback of various electronic, acoustic (specifically female voice courtesy of Kimberly Fiedelman) and sampled sounds.
(Taken from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marco_Oppedisano)
- Click HERE to read 13 Questions by Prepared Guitar Blog.
- Click HERE to read a new interview I did with Michael Ross of Guitar Moderne.
- Very glad to announce that I am included as one of the performers on The Four Seasons- a fantastic new release by Noah Creshevsky on Tzadik.
"Noah Creshevsky composes some of the most meticulously constructed electronic music around. For his third Tzadik CD he has created a sonic history of his life work, inspired by the idea of a retrospective. "The Four Seasons" presents a new large- scale composition that reflects his work from 1992 on to his present work with Hyperrealism, creating virtual “super-performers” using the sounds of voices and traditional instruments pushed beyond human capacities. Another brilliant and varied program charting the history of one of the world’s most important composers of electronic music!"
- Special thanks to Oliver Arditi for this positive review of my Mechanical Uprising. "....It’s very demanding music, requiring close attention and an open mind, but if you can bring those attributes to it, it’s extremely accomplished and utterly absorbing." To read the rest of the review, please go HERE and scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Click HERE to read the New York Times article on the $100 Guitar Project . I'm in the photo on the far left. The $100 Project 2CD is available on Bridge Records, Inc. Also, available on Tunes and Amazon. Royalties on each sale go to CARE, a leading humanitarian organization fighting poverty. Hear an excerpt of my track, Red Cent.
Marco Oppedisano, Out Your Ear (ASCAP)